Wednesday, August 13, 2014

My Garden of Gethsemane


When Jesus was facing his own trials and tribulations he went to the Garden of Gethsemane which was at the foot of the Mount of Olives.   He went there to pray, in amongst his solitude from people, he found peace and guidance.

He went there the night before his crucifixion.  He prayed while his disciples slept.

Part of Jesus's prayer was: "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." (Luke 22:42)

Sometimes when faced with our own trials and tribulations we need to find that place of solitude and kneel down before HIM and ask him to take the cup from us to do HIS will and not our own.  Amen.

I'm about to discover my own Garden of Gethsemane once more.  It was there all along but I left it for a while.

No comments: