Sunday, January 09, 2011

I Love Sundays

Free Myspace Glitters @ GlitterUniverse.com



I love Sunday. It's my favourite day of the week. It's rare to catch me trundling through Tesco or muddling my way amongst the masses in Mac Arthur Glen on that day of the week. At the moment I am propped up in bed watching the Omnibus edition of Hollyoaks whilst drinking a cup of coffee and quaffing a Cadbury's Creme egg.

Later I'll put the roast in the oven and peel the veg. We're having roast beef today with Yorkshires and all the trimmings. It's the one day of the week when I can get all the family sitting around the table. And I'm pleased to say that everyone else in the family seem to love coming for Sunday lunch. My daughter doesn't live at home anymore but she usually joins us with her boyfriend at least once a month.

To me, a Sunday is like a recharge day. A day when the stresses and strains of the daily grind are far away and out of sight. A time to reconnect with everyone. A bit like Christmas day I suppose but on a smaller scale.

Keep Sunday special I say!

No comments: