Monday, January 08, 2007

Sales, Sales, Sales!




No, not booksales, but The Sales! I went shopping in Newport at the weekend with my mother and daughter, Leyna, and was delighted to find a jade-green silk dress that I fancied last year at Monsoon. Originally, it was £85.00, then before Christmas a sinch at £42.50, but I managed to bag it for a mere, £22.50! I think it will be a good investment as it's the style of dress that I can wear at Christmas or even in the summer to a wedding or a party.

At the moment, it's still raining buckets in Merthyr and it's getting me down. It's not so much the rain itself but the way that the days are just so dark and depressing. Oh, to suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder, it's not very nice. I'll be glad when it's spring and I can stop taking the St. John's Wort.

I don't know about you, but I also find the end of Christmas when the decorations are brought down a real anti-climax, perhaps we all need a little something around this time to put a bit of light back in our lives.

No comments: